Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. Your Murphy Washo Gunsiorowski & Associates sales professional is committed to making your home search as stress-free and efficient as possible.
You may wish to keep a record of the homes that you see with you agent. He or she will provide you with a Personalized Property Tour. This tour offers basic details and photographs of the properties shown as well as an area for you to take your own notes. As you are previewing homes, there are key details that you should consider as you narrow down your selections:
- Is the asking price comparable to other houses in the neighborhood? Your agent can provide you with comparable home prices in the neighborhood which are currently on the market and/or have recently sold.
- What are the annual property taxes? Ask your sales professional. He or she has access to the tax information via the public records.
- What is the condition of the outside of the property? Has the lawn and landscaping been well taken care of? Is the siding, brick, woodwork in need of repair or replacement? What is the visible condition of the roof?
- What is the condition of the inside of the property? Are there adequate electrical and phone jacks? Storage space? Are there any noticeable items to repair or replace?
- Major systems. Plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling. What is the approximate annual cost for heating and cooling? What is the age of major systems in the house? Should you anticipate replacements in the near future?
- How does the home suit your lifestyle?